Course DescriptionThe benefits of BIM workflows are obvious to construction and engineering managers, who also understand that BIM competency is an important factor enabling them to succeed in fierce market competition. However, managers with a traditional AEC background are often at a loss in face of the complexity of the BIM technology, resulting in opportunities being overlooked or lost. There are also circumstances when BIM projects are outsourced for reasons of resource deficiencies but outcomes are disappointing due to poor project management.
This is the course for you if you want to have a clear understanding of BIM and be able to make wise decisions for BIM projects. Topics include:
- The role of BIM in construction projects
- Identifying BIM objectives and implementation details
- Evaluating BIM skills and requirements
- Team collaboration and job delegation
- Giving instructions; managing project outcomes and quality
The course allows you to understand major Hong Kong BIM standards, such as those of HKIBIM and the Construction Industry Council, and introduces useful tools including Autodesk Revit, Navisworks Manage, Design Review, A360, and others.
- Suitable for engineers, supervisors and decision-makers, who do not involve themselves directly in BIM modeling work
- Useful in understanding BIM project objectives and achieving effective team collaboration
- Useful in enhancing team productivity of BIM projects
- Useful in understanding how Navisworks, Design Review and A360 can be used to review project outcomes and monitor quality
More BIM Solutions
Trainers are HKIBIM professional members experienced in BIM project management.
- This course does not teach BIM modeling skills, but allows you to have a clear understanding of BIM to produce positive results. Therefore participants are not required to have any BIM background.
Cantonese / PC
Cantonese / PC
Understanding BIM tools
Introduction to Revit
Setup BIM objective
• For project
• For company
• Industry Standard
• Company Standard
BIM return on investment (ROI)
Benchmark & assessment
Hardware and software requirement
Template and asset management
Review in Design Review
Review in Navisworks
Right for review/edit
Convert between CAD and Revit
Cloud with BIM